Archives Service Center
The Archives Service Center (ASC) is the repository for manuscript and record collections that document the history of Pittsburgh and the Western Pennsylvania region, including the University of Pittsburgh.
Search Collection Guides
A collection guide will provide you with background information and an inventory of the records found within our archival collections, including those in Special Collections and the Center for American Music. See our Guide to Using the Archives for information on how to use our collection guides!
Looking for information on hours, how to get here, doing research, and ordering reproductions? See our FAQ Page!
Our Collection Strengths
- University Archives
- 20th Century Urban Renewal
- Business and Industry
- Ethnic Groups in Pittsburgh
- Social Action
- Women’s History
- Audio-Visual Materials
Ways to Use Our Collections
- Students of all ages utilize our collections to complete projects and write papers, including dissertations.
- Scholarly researchers use our collections to help write articles and books.
- Political researchers use our collections on prominent local, state, and federal politicians, such as Dick Thornburgh
- Faculty use our material for coursework and personal research.
- Genealogists and family historians find lots of information on their ancestors.
- Professionals, from lawyers to construction workers, visit us to gather information about their projects.