Owen Library Mobile Device Lending Program
Who can borrow a mobile device?
- All University of Pittsburgh students, faculty and staff in good standing with a current University of Pittsburgh ID Card are eligible.
- You'll be asked to show your University of Pittsburgh ID Card when borrowing a mobile device.
- Also, you must first complete and sign the Mobile Device Program Borrower's Agreement (PDF).
How long can they be checked out?
- Mobile devices may be borrowed for up to 7 days, with no renewals.
- Mobile devices must be returned to the Owen Library Information Desk, no later than 30 minutes before closing. DO NOT return in a Book Return Box.
- When returning a mobile device, you must wait for library staff to check the device for damage and issue you a return receipt, which is proof you returned it. This process takes several minutes.
- Disputes about mobile devices and bags can only be resolved upon your presentation of a return receipt.
- A variety of research and productivity tools.
- You can also access your email and the Internet.
- Any data you download on the device is not permanent, so save your data on a thumb drive or online.
A list of the hardware and software available on the mobile devices is available:
What about my liability?
- You are responsible for the mobile device while it is checked out to you.
- Do not leave a mobile device unattended at any time.
- If a mobile device is lost, stolen or damaged while it is checked out to you, you are responsible.
- When using a mobile device, please bring any problems to the attention of library staff immediately.
- While using the mobile device, users must also comply with all University of Pittsburgh Computer Account Policies.
What are the fines and fees for late or damaged mobile devices?
The overdue charges for mobile devices are $10.00 per day. A device is considered lost or stolen when 24 hours overdue, and you will be billed for its replacement up to a maximum of $1000.00.
- Windows 10
- Office 2013
- Google Drive + Docs / Sheets / Slides
- Adobe Reader
- Symantec EndPoint Protection 12.1.6
- Self Service Printing
- Accessibility tools
- Remote Desktop Connec tion
- Sound record
- Non English Keybaords and Display Languages Available
- Patrons can install additional software as needed
- Dell XPS 13" Touchscreen
- Carrying Case
- Power Supply – Consists of separate power cable and AC Adapter
- Over 50 productivity, eBook and research apps are available for free download upon borrowing
- Individuals may sign up for an iTunes account or use their own to download additional apps
- Some software requires the use of your University email and/or additional user accounts
- iPad w/ Retina and Lightning port
- Power Supply (with Lightning Connector)
- Smart Cover
- Carrying Case