Who can Borrow?
Active Faculty, Staff and Students of the University of Pittsburgh can.
Your Panther Card is your library card! (Panther cards are not transferable)
Not affiliated with Pitt? A student from a reciprocal school? Cross registered at the University of Pittsburgh? Here’s how to become a borrower!
Full-time staff is required for some library services like creating new accounts . If you plan to visit a ULS Library late night or on weekends, please call us at 412-648-7800 to make sure the services you require will be available.
The fine print:
- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your ID and any fees or damages incurred until the item is returned.
- ID cards and responsibility are not transferable, do not loan your ID or borrowed items to others. Also, do not depend on others to return items for you.
- Report a lost or stolen ID immediately to the University ID Center 412-624-7643. Also report it to the Hillman Library lending desk. 412-648-7800.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to note the time or date that the material is due.
- Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy. Failure to receive these notices does not remove the borrower's obligation to return material by the due date, nor does it constitute grounds for reducing a borrower's fines. If you receive overdue notices for materials that you believe have been returned, contact the ULS library specified on the notice or the Hillman Library lending desk. 412-648-7800
- The borrowing of any materials from the ULS constitutes agreement by the borrower to abide by the rules and regulations of the ULS borrowing policies. Please note: you are responsible for knowing the ULS borrowing policies.
*State privacy law (PA ACT 1984-90, section 428) prohibits ULS staff from releasing any information concerning your library records without proper ID (your Pitt ID). Also, we cannot release information to a third party acting as your representative.