NEH Summer Institute for Teachers Application Instructions
In order to apply for Voices Across Time: Teaching American History Through Music you first need to read two documents:
1. The NEH’s Application Information and Instructions which explains NEH’s regulations about eligibility
2. The Letter to Potential Applicants, which goes into detail about what will happen during the Institute as well as explaining the essay portion of your application.
Once you have read these items, you need to fill out the electronic NEH coversheet. Don't forget to print it out once you have completed filling it out.
The application cover sheet must be completed in one sitting, so be sure not to begin if you do not believe you can finish the form at this time. If you are inactive for over two hours, your work will no longer be available for editing. NEH estimates that it will take you 15 minutes to complete the cover sheet.
Your completed application will consist of four things:
- three copies of your completed electronic NEH coversheet, signed
- three copies of a detailed résumé
- two letters of recommendation (which may either be mailed to the address below or faxed to 412-624-7447).
- three copies of your four-page application essay (described in the Letter to Potential Applicants)
Mail your completed application materials to:
Center for American Music
106A Stephen Foster Memorial
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh PA 15260
Please note: while the NEH coversheet is completed online, we must receive three signed copies of it via mail.
All application materials must be postmarked no later than March 3, 2008.
If you are concerned about the safe arrival of your materials, feel free to contact Kathy Haines to check on their status.