- Download and print the online Student Employment Application Form (PDF)
- Complete the application and submit directly to the supervisor of the position
- Questions about a particular job should be directed to the supervisor listed
- A free shuttle service (PDF) runs between Hillman Library and the Library Resource Facility on Thomas Boulevard, the location of several of the jobs listed
Position: The Preservation Department in the Library Resource Center (Thomas Boulevard)
will be hiring two student assistants to begin work as soon as possible. The
job duties include: execute simple to complex book repair, binding,
and conservation repairs on circulating collection material; construct
protective enclosures to protect brittle, fragile, or rare materials;
checking material into Preservation and discharging material when it leaves
Preservation using the Voyager system; and other duties as
Students must be available to work Mondays through Fridays, between 9:00am - 5:00pm for ten
hours per week during the fall/spring semesters and twenty hours per week
during summer semester. Shifts must be a minimum of 3 hours and the pay rate is
$8.15/hour. The Preservation Department is located on the second
floor of the Library Resource Facility in the Point Breeze neighborhood
approximately three miles from the University of Pittsburgh Oakland
campus. Shuttle Service is available throughout the day making
an easy connection between the Preservation Department and Hillman
Library. Shuttle information and driving directions are available on the
Archives Service Center website - http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
Please note that if you have already accepted a Pitt Partner Internship at the University of Pittsburgh
or work in another position at Pitt, you are not eligible for this student
position per the University policy that prohibits students from having more
than one job within the University at the same time. You must be a student at
the University of Pittsburgh to be eligible for this position.
10 hours per week between 9:00-5:00, Mon-Fri
If interested in a position, please forward your resume and cover letter to Miranda Nixon at email@example.com.
Please include any hands-on skills or hobbies that you have since this position necessitates good hand skills and
attention to detail. The interviewing and hiring of selected candidates
will take place immediately until positions are filled. No in-person applications will be accepted.
Position: The Information Technology Department is reviewing applications for part-time student employment. The department is responsible for the upkeep of computer hardware and software in all ULS libraries. We are seeking those who can troubleshoot computer-related problems, follow direction, be self-motivated, and work independently with minimal direct supervision. This position requires working between the ULS Library Resource Facility in Point Breeze as well as libraries on the Oakland campus. A free shuttle is available between the two locations. Students must work shifts of no less than 3 consecutive hours, not including travel time.
The duties of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Computer hardware installation/removal and troubleshooting
- Software installation and configuration
- Data entry and inventory
- End-user training
- Documentation development
- Meeting setup and facilitation
- Heavy experience with Windows XP and Windows 7 (additional Mac OS X experience is a plus, but not required)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Lync
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Communication and organization skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
The Information Technology Department is located on the first floor of the Library Resource Facility in the Point Breeze neighborhood approximately three miles from the Oakland campus. Shuttle service is available throughout the day (9:00 am-4:30 pm) between the Library Resource Facility and Hillman Library.
$8.15 per hour
Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm. 10-20 hours per week
Please send application and resume with qualifying experience to: Robert Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be accepted in person.