- Download and print the online Student Employment Application Form (PDF)
- Complete the application and submit directly to the supervisor of the position
- Questions about a particular job should be directed to the supervisor listed
- A free shuttle service (PDF) runs between Hillman Library and the Library Resource Facility on Thomas Boulevard, the location of several of the jobs listed
Position: The Information Technology Department is reviewing applications for part-time student employment. The department is responsible for the upkeep of computer hardware and software in all ULS libraries. We are seeking those who can troubleshoot computer-related problems, follow direction, be self-motivated, and work independently with minimal direct supervision. This position requires working between the ULS Library Resource Facility in Point Breeze as well as libraries on the Oakland campus. A free shuttle is available between the two locations. Students must work shifts of no less than 3 consecutive hours, not including travel time.
The duties of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Computer hardware installation/removal and troubleshooting
- Software installation and configuration
- Data entry and inventory
- End-user training
- Documentation development
- Meeting setup and facilitation
- Heavy experience with Windows XP and Windows 7 (additional Mac OS X experience is a plus, but not required)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Lync
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Communication and organization skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
The Information Technology Department is located on the first floor of the Library Resource Facility in the Point Breeze neighborhood approximately three miles from the Oakland campus. Shuttle service is available throughout the day (9:00 am-4:30 pm) between the Library Resource Facility and Hillman Library.
$8.15 per hour
Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm. 10-20 hours per week
Please send application and resume with qualifying experience to: Robert Brown – email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted in person.