Libraries to Go:
A Book and Article Delivery Service for
How to request:
- Search for the item in PITTCat+and click through to the full record
- You'll be redirected to PITTCat Classic.
- In PITTCat Classic, click the Get it! link at the top of the page.
- Enter your University Computing Account (email) username and password and click the Login button
- You will see a Requests Menu listing the types of requests
- Select Get it! from the drop down menu
- Click the OK button
- Follow the instructions on the request form. Be sure provide building name and room number
- Click on the Submit Request button
You can check the status of book requests by looking at the Request Information section of My Library Record.
For assistance with any delivery questions, please email
Faculty: we will deliver books from any ULS library to your office within the prescribed boundaries of the Pittsburgh campus, and deliver journal articles to you via email!
This service is for faculty members with offices on the Pittsburgh campus, including the faculties of Law and the Health Sciences.
Before explaining the service, we want to thank Provost Jim Maher for providing the support necessary for us to mount this service.
How it works:
- Requests can be made for books and for copies of articles located in any ULS library.
- Books can be delivered to Pittsburgh Campus offices or to any ULS library. Books have to be returned to a Pittsburgh Campus ULS library.
- The couriers cannot return books to the library for you.
- Articles will be delivered via email.
- Expect delivery within 2 business days, excluding weekends and holidays. Materials from other campuses or offsite storage may take slightly longer.
- You can designate a graduate student or staff member as your
proxy using the Libraries
To Go Proxy Request Form (PDF) .
- The proxy agreement must be renewed each academic year.
- A signature is required for all deliveries, and only authorized proxies can sign for delivery.
- You are responsible for all books checked out to your library account.
- If your record is blocked due to suspension of circulation privileges you will not be able to place requests.
- For information on charge and fine limits, please see the ULS Borrowing Policies.
- UPMC faculty not affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh should use HSLS Document Delivery.
- Delivery to an office will be attempted once. After that, you will have to pick the book up at the nearest ULS Library. If you selected a library as your delivery location, the book(s) will be held there for seven days.
- There are no charges for these services.