The mission of the University Library System (ULS) at the University of Pittsburgh is to provide and promote access to information resources necessary for the achievement of the University's leadership objectives in teaching, learning, research, creativity, and community service, and to collaborate in the development of effective information, teaching, and learning systems.
Our Committment to Quality Service:
- We will be approachable, knowledgeable, courteous, and willing to help you locate and utilize materials effectively
- We will provide access to resources to support your educational and research needs and will organize them so that you can locate them quickly and easily
- We will maintain our online catalogs and web sites so that they contain accurate and useful information regarding our resources and services
- We will provide preservation services for a variety of materials from the library's collections in order to ensure their continued availability for research purposes
- We will continue to pursue digital initiatives to enhance our collections and services and increase Web access to electronic resources