Microforms, Gov Docs & Maps
The map collection contains a wide variety of maps:
- General maps - resources such as historical, thematic, and road maps, and maps published by the National Geographic Society and the Army Map Service/ Defense Mapping Agency
- Depository maps - maps received from the U.S. government through the the Federal Depository Library Program] (FDLP). These include forestry maps, census maps, CIA maps, and maps from various other government agencies
- United States Geological Survey (USGS) Topographic Maps - received through the depository program, provide detailed topographic coverage in various scales for the entire U.S.
- Pennsylvania topographic maps are house in the Microforms, Maps, and Gov Docs area on the Ground Floor of Hillman
- The reminder of the country are at the Library’s off-site facility and can be requested
For additional information on our maps collection, please see the following Map guide. If you have additional questions about the map collection or need to schedule a consultation session, please contact Tom Twiss or Mark Scott.
Map Circulation Policy
Maps do not circulate. However, if you need a map for research or for a class, please contact Tom or Mark for special permission to check out the map.