Owen Library - Course Reserves Guide for Students
Locating Course Reserve Material
A list of all Course Reserve materials is available in a three-ring binder kept at the Owen Library Circulation Desk. Its arrangement is alphabetical by the professor’s last name, then by the course number. To locate material on Course Reserve for your assignment:
• Locate the professor’s name and the course name/number in the three-ring
binder at the Circulation Desk.
• Give the pertinent information (call number/item number) to the Circulation Desk staff to retrieve the needed material.
If you have trouble locating Course Reserve materials for your class, ask Circulation Desk
staff for assistance.
Guidelines for using Course Reserve Material
Users MUST present a valid University of Pittsburgh ID card when requesting Reserve material.
Only two Course Reserve items may be used at a time.
Most Course Reserve materials may be used for two hours and are IN-LIBRARY USE ONLY.
Material is NOT permitted to leave the Library.
Overdue fines for 2-hour Course Reserve items accrue at a rate of $1.80 per hour each hour they
are overdue. Overdue fines for 3-day and 7-day Course Reserves accrue at the rate of $1.00 per
item per day.
* There is no grace period on overdue Course Reserve materials *
Locating Electronic Course Reserve Materials
Electronic Reserve items can be searched online using the Course Reserve function of PITTCat+:
• Connect to PITTCat+
• From the PITTCat+ main screen, choose the Course Reserves tab at the top
• Items can be searched by instructor's name, by department, or by course
• Make your selections using the drop down boxes then click <Search>.
• Click on the E-Reserves entry from the results list.
• Enter the password that has been provided by the instructor.
• Click on the title of the item you wish to view.