Millstein Library - Mobile Device Lending Program
Who can borrow a device?
- All University of Pittsburgh library patrons in good standing (faculty, staff and students) with
current University of Pittsburgh ID cards are eligible to borrow
a laptop or iPad.
- You must show your University of Pittsburgh ID when borrowing
- In order to borrow a device you must first complete and sign
the Mobile Device Lending Program Borrower's Agreement.
What about my liability for the device?
- You are responsible for the device while it is checked out
to you. Do not leave a device unattended at any time. If a device
is lost, stolen or damaged while it is checked out to you, you
- When using a device, please bring any problems to the attention
of library staff immediately.
- While using the device, users must also comply with all University
of Pittsburgh Computer Account Policies.
How long can the device circulate?
- Devices are due 8 hours after they are borrowed. Devices must
be returned to the Millstein Library Information Desk one half-hour
- When returning a device, you must wait for library staff to
check it for damage and issue you a return receipt, which
is proof you returned it.. This process takes several minutes.
Disputes about devices and bags can only be resolved upon your
presentation of a return receipt.
What are the fines and fees for late or damaged devices?
- The overdue charges for devices are $10.00 per hour, up to four
hours. Thereafter, the device is considered lost, and you will
be billed for its replacement up to a maximum of $1000.
What is loaded on the device?
- Laptops enable you to access the Microsoft Office suite
of applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- You can also access your email and the World Wide Web.
- You are not able to download data to the device. Data must
be saved to a flash drive, emailed to your account, or printed.
- A complete list of the hardware
and software on the devices is available.