Guest Wireless Internet Access at Pitt
As a registered delegate to ETD2009, you will have access to the University of Pittsburgh’s wireless network. Wit h over 2,000 access points, the Pitt wireless network is available in most buildings on campus including the William Pitt Union (the main ETD2009 Conference venue) as well as many other buildings accessible to the public and many outdoor spaces on the heart of campus.
In preparation for your visit, we have created a wireless guest access account for you which will be active from June 8-June14, 2009. You will receive an e-mail during the last week in May with more detail on completing the registration process for your guest account. If you wish to use the wireless Internet access account during your stay, you can complete the registration process by clicking on the link in the e-mail message. If you do not intend to use your wireless account while at Pitt, then take no action when you receive the e-mail.
When you arrive on campus:
- On your wireless access device, open your wireless network manager and select the network called:
- Open a web browser. The Guest Login window will display.
- Log in using your email address and the password you selected in advance.
- Did you forget to set your password? Don’t worry. Just enter your email address where you see ‘Haven’t set your password yet?’
- You will be prompted to accept the usage agreement and select a password.
In accepting this account, you also accept the responsibility to comply with the terms of acceptable use of your guest account: http://technology.pitt.edu/network-web/responsibilities/guest-wireless-use.html
Need help?Call the Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP [412-624-4357]