Panther Hall Information
To check-in upon arrival: Key/card pick-up and return will take place at Panther Central, located in the lobby of the Litchfield Towers. Panther Hall is open 24 hours. See campus map on the ETD2009 for details, or note the location below, designated by the blue marker. You can enter from 5th Avenue or Forbes Avenue.
- Phones are located in the bedrooms, as well as the lobby of Panther Hall.
- Phone service to all University Departments is provided free of charge. To contact any University Department, you are only required to dial the last five digits of the phone number: i.e. (648-1100, dial 8-1100). Dial 4-4141 to reach the University Operator, who will provide Directory Assistance.
- All local 412 and 724 area codes are free when placed from the residence halls.
- To reach a non-university number, you must use a calling card. When using a calling card dial 9, wait for a dial tone, then follow the instructions for your personal calling card. Please note your calling card must be accessible with a toll-free number.
- For further assistance contact the University Operator at 4-4141
- Emergency phones are located throughout the campus. Over 70 of them are in outside locations and there is one in every elevator. Most outside boxes are designated by a blue light on top and all newer phones will have the Pitt logo on them. For emergency assistance dial 811 (Campus Police) or Panther Central 8-1100 for non-emergency assistance.
- If you require maintenance service, please contact Panther Central at 8-1100 for 24 hour emergency maintenance service.
- If you have to arrange for parking, you will need to contact the Parking and Transportation Office to make prior arrangements for guest parking. The number for the Parking Office is (412) 624-4034 or email them at email@example.com
- Panther Hall is within walking distance of all the conference events, however, if you prefer to use the shuttle, we will provide a schedule in your welcoming packet. The 10a or 10b are the shuttle numbers you can take down to the lower campus for conference events. Note the links that take you to the online schedules.
INTERNET (Requests for network access accounts in panther Hall are now closed. )
- During the conference you will receive a guest wireless account for use in all campus buildings. An email will be sent with instructions on this account.
- Wireless does not extend to the residence halls – only hard wired ports. If you require a network connection in your accommodations, we can arrange for a specialized guest account. Network ports are located in the bedrooms. We will send out an email regarding this second account. Note that you will need to bring your own CAT5 Ethernet cable.
- If you requested a temporary network access account before the June 1 deadline, you will receive connection instructions with your username and password in your conference packet. Connection instructions for the following three platforms will be provided in your packet, but you may also review them here:
- Need help?
Call the Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP [412-624-4357]