Head Librarian Haskell Memorial Library University of Pittsburgh at Titusville
The Head Librarian is a full-time faculty Visiting Librarian appointment at a regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh. Anticipated start date will be January 2014. This position reports to the Coordinator of Regional University Library System Libraries and is based on a 12-month appointment.
• Provide excellent reference and research assistance by appointment, email, chat, or other venue
• Deliver effective and appropriate instructional sessions to students in collaboration with the faculty to promote information literacy competencies and student learning outcomes at the Titusville Campus
• Manage all collection development activities and serve as a library liaison to academic disciplines/departments at the Titusville Campus
• Supervise regional campus employees: hiring, appraising performance, and promoting staff development
• Evaluate library services and procedures as necessary
• Coordinate the development and implementation of library programs and services with the University Library System and the Titusville Campus
• Serve as an advocate for the library by promoting collegial and participatory interactions with other campus, community and university-wide units
• Participate in professional activities/education and organizations as appropriate within and outside the University
• Other duties as assigned
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; occasional evenings/weekends as needed.
Required: ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS; demonstrated ability to provide quality reference and library instruction classes; experience with an automated library system such as Voyager; excellence in oral and written communication; initiative and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment; strong service orientation.
Librarians at the University of Pittsburgh are members of the faculty and are expected to contribute significantly to the profession as well as to perform their specific responsibilities.
Salary: Minimum $38,000. Comprehensive benefits package including medical; TIAA/CREF, Vanguard; and tuition assistance.
To apply, submit letter of application and resume with the names/addresses/phone numbers of three references to:
William K. Gentz
Head, Library Human Resources
271 Hillman Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Or via email to: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on the University of Pittsburgh University Library System, please visit: www.library.pitt.edu
For more information on the University of Pittsburgh, please visit: http://www.pitt.edu/. For more information regarding the Haskell Library at the University of Pittsburgh at Titusville, please visit: http://www.library.pitt.edu/titusville