Edible Book Fest
Design an edible creation based on the wonderful world of books!
The University of Pittsburgh, University Library System (ULS) is sponsoring its Seventh Annual Edible Book Fest on Wednesday - April 1, 2015 at the Hillman Library, Cup & Chaucer Café.
The International Edible Book Festival started in 2000 and now takes place in over 20 countries around the globe and is on April 1 as a celebration of the birthday of Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, author of Physiologie du goût.
Students, staff, faculty, alumni, and entire Pittsburgh community are encouraged to join in on the fun!
Schedule of Events
|10:30 - 11 a.m.||Drop off entries at the Cup & Chaucer Café, Hillman Library (Ground Floor)|
|11 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Viewing of entries and voting by the Pitt and Pittsburgh Community|
|1 - 2 p.m.||Eating!!!!! Plus the Announcements of the Winners of Awards and Prizes|
- Please bring entry during drop off window
- Please list ingredients, especially those considered allergens (dairy, nuts, wheat, soy)
- All edible books must be "bookish" through the integration of text, literary inspiration or, quite simply, the form.
- All books must be made of food but not necessarily edible. Please label all entries that should not consumed.
- Entries may be collaborative
Please RSVP with Ashley Cox of the ULS Preservation Department at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Overall Favorite- Preferred choice of all entries
- Best Interpretation of Cover/Scene- Best visual representation of book’s cover, topic, story, or theme
- Most Creative Materials- Most creative and interesting use of food.
There will be gift certificates and other prizes for winning entrants and lucky voters too!
Need some ideas?
Check out www.books2eat.com