ULS E-Journal Publishing
ULS E-Journal Publishing Why Publish with Us Tools and Services Our Publications
Why Publish With Us?
Choice, Cost, Ease of Use, Sustainability
- Promotes open access journal publishing services at a very lost cost
- Eliminates the high cost of print journal publication and distribution
- Allows easy collaboration among authors, editors, and reviewers regardless of location
- Enhances the visibility, searchability, and navigation of publications
- Incorporates innovative and sustainable technologies to speed and facilitate scholarly publishing
We work with you to develop a flexible configuration for a variety of editorial workflows from simple to complex to create a professional look for your journal, including:
- Professional Web site design
- Publication template design to ensure every article is formatted to high standards
- Customizable suite of presentation features and reader tools
You Retain Management and Control
- Online author submission and management of content
- Peer-review processes—blind, double blind, or open
- Delegation of editorial responsibilities
- Copyediting, layout, and proofreading
- Publication schedules and ongoing journal archiving
- Editorial policies
Editors can make reviewer assignments and manage the process of revision, copyediting, proofreading, and layout guided by pop-up icons and an easy-to-use e-mail notification process.
Authors follow a five-step manuscript submission process, with the ability to submit comments to the editor and upload supplementary files, pop-up icons for viewing editor and reviewer notes, and e-mail notifications on review, revision, copyediting, and proofreading activities. Authors retain the copyright of works published under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
Reviewers are provided electronically with a description of the review steps, the review schedule, a comment function, and basic metadata when the reviewer accepts an e-mail request for manuscript review.
We are seeking partners who:
- Ensure quality through a rigorous peer-review process
- Support Open Access to scholarly research
- Are supported by an internationally recognized editorial board
- Possess the staff resources needed to ensure timely publication
- Solicit new original scholarly research through an open call for papers
- Practice selectivity regarding published content
All of our peer-reviewed journals are also published in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh Press.
Is OJS a good fit for my journal?
You may want to read the OJS in an Hour guide and try the OJS demo and the OJS test drive. The OJS in an Hour guide includes both the URL and the login information for the OJS test drive. You may also want to review some external evaluations, such as Johns Hopkins University's Survey and Evaluation of Open-Source Electronic Publishing Systems or The Ohio State University's Digital Publishing Systems Comparison Report: A review of DPubS and OJS.
Why not run OJS on my own?
The ULS has experience, knowledge of publishing best practices, a proven track record as a publisher of 30 e-journals, and is a major development partner with the Public Knowledge Project (PKP), the organization that produces and maintains OJS.
Contact us at email@example.com to explore the possibilities for partnering with us to publish your scholarly journal.