Hanley Library - Curriculum Resource Center
The primary mission of Hanley Library's CRC is to support the curriculum of the education program by providing quality materials and services to pre-service teachers and education department faculty. You will find the Curriculum Resource Center (CRC) located on the first floor of the Hanley Library on the south-east side of the building.
- Collect and house quality P-12 curriculum materials including teacher resource books, curriculum guides and/or standards, P-12 textbooks, children's and young adult literature, and media materials (audio and visual materials intended for use in P-12 settings).
- Communicate and promote available materials and services to pre-service teachers and education faculty, as well as to all other members of our campus community of learners.
- Invite and welcome local educators, camp counselors, home school families, etc. as users of the CRC materials and services.
- Collaborate with education faculty in CRC collection development.
- Assess the CRC with the cooperation of the Library Director and Education Program Director.
P-12 textbooks for the certification areas available at Pitt-Bradford.
Children's and Young Adult Literature
Fiction and nonfiction books appropriate for use with grades P-12. The collection also includes Newbery, Caldecott, and Coretta Scott King winners as well as selected honor books.
Teaching Activity Materials
Books with sample lesson plans, specific teaching ideas, and bulletin board ideas. This material will be collected for all certification areas offered at Pitt-Bradford.
This material is collected for and housed in the Library's regular reference collection.
Professional Magazines and Journals for Teachers
Current volumes of professional magazines for teachers are housed in the periodicals collection and include American Biology Teacher, Creative Classroom, Instructor, Language Arts, Mathematics Teacher, Reading Teacher, Science and Children, Science Teacher, Social Education, Social Studies and the Young Learner, Teaching Children Mathematics, Teaching Pre K-8. Scholarly education journals are also housed with the Library's regular periodical collection (current and bound).
Audio and Video materials intended to be used in P-12 settings as well as special materials such as instructional games, kits, puppets, manipulatives, etc. will be housed in the CRC. Audio and Video materials intended for a pre-service teacher audience are housed in the Library's regular AV collection.
Pitt-Bradford faculty, staff, and students may check out circulating books, media material, and AV material. Books and audio material circulate to students for four weeks and visual material for one week. Books and audio material circulate to faculty and staff for one term and visual material for one week.
Community patrons may check out up to five items total (four weeks for books and audio material and one week for visual material). Staff, and students may renew their items by contacting the library or by using the My Account option available through Pittcat+, the online catalog.
Library fine information and other regulations relating to circulation can be viewed from the library's policy page. All library material circulates through the automated library circulation system. In keeping with Hanley Library policy, reference books, special collection material, and periodicals are library use only.
Hanley Library Media Room
The Media Room contains an audio player, video/DVD player, and an Ellison machine.
Internet Resources for Education: