Note: Use of this resource is restricted to current University of Pittsburgh faculty, students, and staff, and may be used for individual research purposes only. Any other use is prohibited.
This product provides information about scholarly journals produced in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal. The interface is in Spanish.
Latindex is composed of three features:
- The Directory, which from 1997 provides the standardized information of a wide range of scholarly journals or journals of academic interest, along with information that allows the users to know their history, specialized subjects, publisher, publishing authorities, full address, distribution procedures, prices and databases covered by the journals among others. To date, the Directory has more than 15,000 records.
- The Catalogue, which was uploaded on March 2002, with descriptive information and additional contents to those offered by the Directory. The titles included in the Catalogue have been selected and classified according to international criteria regarding publishing quality which have been previously proved and accepted by the Latindex System.
- The Link to electronic journals, grants direct access to a growing collection of full text online journals. To date, the Index has more than 2,400 links to journals.
- A directory of periodicals
- note: this does not index individual journal articles
Note: For assistance in locating related print resources, please ask for assistance at any library reference desk or submit a question via our Ask-A-Librarian service.