New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians
Note: Use of this resource is restricted to current University of Pittsburgh faculty, students, and staff, and may be used for individual research purposes only. Any other use is prohibited.
The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, 2nd edition is universally acknowledged as the unsurpassed authority on all aspects of music.
Features of the New Grove Encyclopedia of Music and Musicians:
- offers the full text of the 29-volume print edition
- over 9000 newly commissioned articles
- over 6000 contributors from all parts of the world
- coverage of new schools of thought within musicology, such as feminism, nazism and gay and lesbian music
- coverage of world, jazz, popular and 20th-century music
- Citations? No
- Abstracts? No
- Full Text? Yes
Frequency of Updates:
Help & More Information:
Note: For assistance in locating related print resources, please ask for assistance at any library reference desk or submit a question via our Ask-A-Librarian service.